Thank you for your application for a work visa under the Taiwan Working Holiday Scheme. We are processing your application.


Thank you for your application for a work visa under the Taiwan Working Holiday Scheme. We are processing your application. This email describes what you need to do next.

This is an automated email. Please do not reply.

Your application details

Client Number: xxxx

Application Number: xxxxxxxxx

You need to provide additional documents

You need to send us additional documents so we can make a decision on your Working Holiday Scheme application. You must submit all the documents listed below within 15 calendar days of this email. Your application may be declined if the required documentation is not received within this period.

Please do not send us your passport. If your application is approved, you can view and print your visa details online. 

You need to provide evidence of:

  • Your good health
  • Your household registration certificate.

The following sections describe what documents you need to send us as evidence and where to send them. 

Where to send documents

Results of medical tests will be sent to us by your physician. Details on where they should send this are in the Medical Information section below.

All other information can be scanned and emailed to or you can take the documents to a Visa Application Centre (VAC). You can find the address of your closest VAC on our website. You may need to pay a fee to the VAC for this service.

VAC Offices
You need to provide medical information
To ensure you are in good health we need medical information from you.

As proof of your good health you need to provide us with:

  • a chest x-ray certificate.

You do not need to provide a general medical certificate with your chest x-ray certificate.

This is to demonstrate you have an acceptable standard of health. You can find more information about this on our website.

Acceptable standard of health
What if you have already sent Immigration New Zealand a medical certificate?

If you sent us a medical certificate with an earlier visa application, you don’t need to have another medical examination unless one of the following applies:

  • it’s been more than 3 years since you had the last examination
  • you were not assessed as having an acceptable standard of health at the time
  • we need a different kind of medical certificate than the one you provided.
How to get a medical assessment
Please read the sections below to find out how to get a medical assessment and where to send the results.
Book a medical assessment with one of our panel physicians

Physicians are doctors and radiologists approved by Immigration New Zealand to complete medical and chest x-ray certificates for New Zealand visa applications. Find a physician near to you using the tool and map on our website.

You may need a referral from a doctor for a chest x-ray.

When you go for your medical examination you will need to take an acceptable identity document with you. If at all possible, your identity document should be a valid, original passport. If this is not possible, other acceptable documents are listed on our website. 

Find a physician
Acceptable Identity Documents
Send Immigration New Zealand your medical information

As you live in a region where our eMedical service is available, your physician will send your medical results directly to Immigration New Zealand. Please do not email your eMedical reference number unless requested by your case officer.

You need to provide your household registration certificate
We need know that you have the right to reside in Taiwan permanently.

We need to see a copy of your household registration certificate that includes your:

  • name
  • date of birth
  • address
  • marital status
  • parents’ details
  • unique Taiwan ID number.
Notes about additional documents

All supporting documents need to be written in English. If documents are written in another language they must be translated into English by a recognised and independent translation service.

What you need to do if you cannot provide the information within this time

If you cannot provide the information within 15 calendar days please let us know as soon as possible. You can email your case officer (if you know who they are) or email

If you can show us that you have tried to provide this information, we will take this into account in considering whether to grant an extension of time. For example, you can show us confirmation of an appointment with a doctor or radiologist, or a receipt for an appointment you attended but have not yet received results from.

What will happen if you do not send the information requested

If we do not receive the additional information within this time (unless we have granted you an extension) we will make a decision on your application based on the information you have already given us. We are unlikely to approve the application based on this information.

What will happen if you send false, misleading, or incomplete information

Providing false or misleading information, or withholding information, may make you ineligible for a visa.

How to get help

If you need help understanding this letter or providing this information, you can email the officer assessing your application.  If you don’t know who the officer is, you can email  

If you have any general immigration questions you can find answers on our website using the “Ask us a question” link.

Ask us a question

This is an automated email. Please do not reply.

The team at Immigration New Zealand

Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
New Zealand Government