13th March, 2022, Reopening of New Zealand Border and Reopening of Working Holiday Visa
After a long long two years waiting period, New Zealand finally release its plan to reopen to the whole world. More importantly, New Zealand working holiday visa schemes will be reopened for capped countries. According to the source link: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/border-closures-and-exceptions/border-entry-requirements
This is quite exciting news.
According to the news, the whole reopen will be phased out in five steps:
- Reopen to New Zealanders and some people from Australia, self-isolate required. From 27th Feb
- 4th March, reopen to New Zealanders and some people from anywhere in the world, no self-isolate required.
- this is a newly updated date, originally the date is 13th March
- Mostly important, Working holiday schemes will reopen after 13th March on a rolling basis.
- 14th April, students and temporary work visa holders can enter.
- July 2022, almost totally open to the world.
- October 2022, totally reopen to the world as pre-pandemic.
We are not really worried about the rest, the second is the one making us excited.
This means we can start to apply for New Zealand working holiday visa after 13th March (Notice, this time may will be push aheah depending on the siutation).
We will keep monitoring the siutation, and update the latest information here in our website.